The Greenwood School District is home to just over 3700 students, 400 faculty members, and a host of community supporters.
Here are just a few bits of information we would like to share with you:
- Greenwood students averaged 23.7 on the ACT which is above the State and National Averages.
- 61% of Greenwood High School students taking AP courses scored a 3 or 4 on the end of course exam.
- East Pointe Elementary and Greenwood Jr High were Top 5 Performing Schools in the State.
- East Hills Middle Schools was a Top 10 Performing School in the State.
- Westwood and East Pointe Elementary Schools earned the distinction of a Lighthouse School from the Franklin Covey Foundation.
- Greenwood Students scored in the top 5 schools for math and literacy on the ACT Aspire exam.
It is the mission of Greenwood Public Schools to provide a quality education for all students in a safe and nurturing environment. Through active community involvement, we are endeavoring to prepare our students to become responsible citizens, and to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.